Free software for capturing and editing photos
Pixlr Express for Android is a powerful photo editor for your mobile Android phone, allowing you to perform numerous edits to photos taken by the camera or saved on your camera roll. Now you can crop and edit photos or perform autofix on them to correct lighting, contrast, and sharpness. Fix red-eye right on your phone or run your picture through one of the numerous filters. With the swipe of a button, you can add frames, stickers, and decals to your images. You can even caption your pictures, choosing from dozens of different fonts.
Never before has Pixlr been easier to use. While the Pixlr Express app lacks some of the more powerful editing features of the Pixlr web app, you will enjoy editing your pictures offline and on the road. Touch and drag to resize any element and effortlessly flip through menu options. When you have perfected your image, you can optimize it for the Internet and upload it directly to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. If you are looking for a powerful and free photo editor for your mobile phone then Pixlr Express is the perfect app for you.
- Entirely free!
- Choose from numerous effects, overlays, filters, borders, stickers, and decals.
- Choose from dozens of fun fonts and resize elements with the simple touch of a finger.
- Resize, save, and share pictures to social media directly through the app.
- Upload saved photos directly from your camera roll.
- Lacks many of the more advanced features of Pixlr online (e.g. no layers, lasso tool, etc).
- Users report that the app can get crowded on mobile phones with small displays.
- Some users report that image quality is significantly reduced when an image is edited.
- Better Android 6.0 support: ripple, doze & runtime permission check
- Bug fixes
Dear Pixlr users,
History brush (now eraser) is available in the upper left corner in most of the adjustment tools. Focal is now part of the blur tool. Press and hold on your current image to briefly view to your original.
• Improved the performance of the double exposure and eraser tools.
• Fixed a crash with collage when re-selecting images.
• We also squashed a few bugs in this release.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.